Happy New Year.
May this new year be one filled with good health, kindess, laughter, and a tribe that you can lean on. Many of you have had a hard time the past year or so, while others are moving along at full speed. Whatever pace your driving, whatever path you’ve taken, hopefully our roads will intersect somewhere along the way.
As we being 2022 I’m curious to know what your traditions are? Do you set goals for yourself? Do you make resolutions? Do you just say, “this year I will…” and let it be so? This year, for the first time I didn’t come up with a word or a resolution. I also didn’t need to set a goal to lose weight or be healthy as I conquered that a few months ago. Instead, I plan to continue my wellness journey so I can maintain the thirty plus pounds that lost, and hope to never see again. I will continue to do my best to add more hours of sleep, move daily, and focus on self care more than just a few times a week.
If you’re one of many looking to live healthier and need a cheerleader, please add me to your team. I know how difficult it is to focus on wellness, and will be there to support you in whatever challenges you set out so you can achieve them however long it takes. Should you find it difficult to set a goal or challenge, there is plenty of time to organize and begin. I hope that whatever road you take we meet along the way through books and things that bring joy to your life.
If reading more is one of your goals or challenges, you’re in luck! I’m bringing back my 52 Week Reading Challenge and plan to post weekly in The Book Baristas facebook group. If you joined us a few years ago, consider taking the challenge again and sharing your book adventures along the way. This year there are no pre-selected weekly books so make your lists and get ready to read all the books! Everything you need is in this post. There are fifty two boxes to check off in whatever order you wish. I plan to post over in my facebook group The Book Baristas what I’m reading this week, so be on the lookout for that.
Check out the table below for a few suggestions to kick start your reading challenge. Let the page turning begin!
A quick re-cap for newbies to make this a successful year and a fun challenge.
1. Download the awesome reading list and graphic.
2. Download the checklist for easy reference and book chat.
3. Grab a mug filled with your favaorite drink, make a plan and get ready to have fun. The best part about this challenge is that you don’t need to spend a dime. Check out your local library database, make a request to your social media friends or perhaps a family member or friend has the books you want. Should you wish to own your weekly reading selections, be sure to add them to a wishlist on your favorite e-retailer website so you don’t miss a sale or new release.
4. Are you a member of The Book Baristas on Facebook? We’d love to have you! It’s the place to be weekly to share and chat about what’ you’re reading each week. Don’t worry you don’t have to pop in every week, visit and share when you have a moment :).
5. Attention Authors and Publishers, if you and/or your book fit a challenge please reach out via e-mail or on social media to contact me.I hope you’ll stop by and see what we’re up to.
All are welcome and I hope you’ll share with your friends about the weekly fun over in my Facebook Group The Book Baristas. I can’t wait to chat about what you’re reading. Please download the graphic #amreading and add your title. ‘ll see you in The Book Baristas this Sunday.