Follow me Darkly by Helen Hunt has mystery, jealousy, and secrets a plenty with a billionaire who isn’t willing to give up control of anything in his life. A social media influencer who will discover words matter, pictures don’t always reflect the truth, and money can’t buy everything. Who will bend first?
This book has a happy ever after for now ending so if you like your romance reads to end when you turn the last page, this book might not be for you. Hopefully you’ll dive in as the fifth installment in this series is releasing later this month. Now is the perfect time to discover a new series, author, or book adventure!
Inferno – the only way to cool off will be to turn on the A/C, your fan, and take a cold shower. The intense heat and sizzling chemistry melt the pages so settle into your cozy chairs and this is only the beginning. With five more books in the series, there are pages for days to enjoy. Happy reading.
I can’t wait for more from Helen Hardt and with a huge backlist be sure to check out the endless hours of reading from her backlist or order the next installment in this series here.
Check out the gorgeous cover of the all new charitable multi author anthology, Nightingale!
Releasing: April 5, 2022
NIGHTINGALE is a romance anthology with over FIFTY original, never-before-seen stories from bestselling authors. 100% of the royalties will be donated to relief and human rights organizations working in Ukraine. NIGHTINGALE is only available for a limited time, so one-click your copy before it’s gone.
AUTHORS INCLUDE: Katee Robert, Siobhan Davis, Robin Covington, Xio Axelrod, Vanessa Vale & Renee Rose, Terri E. Laine, Lucy Lennox, C. Hallman & J.L. Beck, Sara Ney, Willow Winters, Rebecca Yarros, Sienna Snow, Ana Huang, Willow Aster, Pepper Winters, Piper Rayne, Rebecca Zanetti, Honey Meyer, Alta Hensley &, Samantha Chase, Parker S. Huntington, T.K. Leigh, Kate Canterbary, Laura Thalassa, Carian Cole, Natasha Knight & Ashleigh Zavarelli, Rina Kent, Jennifer Probst, Lauren Rowe, Rachel Van Dyken, Karla Sorenson, Claudia Burgoa, Kelsey Clayton, Helena Hunting, Aleatha Romig, K.A. Linde, Carly Phillips, Meredith Wild & Chelle Bliss, Kelly Elliott, Brenda Rothert, A.L. Jackson, Jenika Snow, Katie Ashley, Amo Jones, Susan Stoker, Harloe Rae, L.B. Dunbar, Gina L. Maxwell, Tijan, Amelia Wilde, Skye Warren, Penny Reid, Susannah Nix, Caroline Peckham & Susanne Valenti, Ilsa Madden-Mills, Dylan Allen, Kandi Steiner, Raine Miller, Toni Aleo, Natalie Wrye, Debra Anastasia, Brittney Sahin, Heidi McLaughlin, Melanie Moreland, Jay Crownover, Catherine Cowles, Roni Loren, Shantel Tessier, Aly Martinez, Julia Kent
All royalties from this project will be donated to relief and human rights organizations working in Ukraine. We aren’t affiliated or endorsed by these charities. We are simply authors who want to help.
While you’re waiting for the collection to release be sure to click on the above authors and find out more about each one. I’m excited about the line-up and hope you will be too!
I pre-ordered my copy and can’t wait to read all the stories included in this collection.
Pre-order today on Amazon, Apple Books, Kobo, Google Play, Barnes & Noble!
Add to Goodreads
After a fight to the death to secure a vital military secret, Scottish lord Malcolm Gordon, codename Raven, races from Edinburgh to deliver the news to his superior in London. But before he arrives, he crosses paths with a lady’s bullet.
Miss Olivia Aston is horrified that she’s shot a man while hunting. Fortunately, he’s still alive. But what to do with the gravely wounded Highlander? Her father despises the Scots—despite his half-Scottish blood—and will likely turn him out once he’s discovered. With this latest blunder, there is also the very real possibility that her father will permanently remove her from society as he did her sister. But she can’t simply leave him to die. Nor can she risk getting caught.
Malcolm awakens to discover that the information he carried has been stolen, and there’s no evidence of the culprit, other than a memory of her soft voice and bonny face. Time is running out. Despite his wound (mysteriously stitched), he must now hurry to get to the duke. By the time he reaches London, Malcolm learns the secrets he carried have already been compromised. Malcolm is charged with ferreting out the traitor amidst Edinburgh society. Begrudgingly, Malcolm is thrust into one soiree after another, only to come face to face with his beautiful, charming female assailant.
Will she shoot him again? Though he has no solid evidence against Lady Olivia, she is most certainly linked to the traitors. He could drag her from the ballroom, present her to the powers that be as a possible suspect, but instead, he takes the dangerous flirtation to the next level. There is something utterly alluring about a woman who holds a weapon as well as she dances. Malcolm’s determined to make Olivia swoon until she confesses everything–that is, until someone makes an attempt on both their lives. What started as a game of cat and mouse turns into a deadly adventure, revealing startling intelligence neither of them saw coming.
Click on photo below to pre-order on Amazon now
The fourth installment releases this summer, pre-order now and get your next vacation read!
Click the photo below to pre-order on:
Apple, Barnes & Noble, Rakuten Kobo, Thalia, Angus & Robertson and Vivlio
Start from the beginning … catch up now!
Book 2 is on SALE $0.99
Happy New Year.
May this new year be one filled with good health, kindess, laughter, and a tribe that you can lean on. Many of you have had a hard time the past year or so, while others are moving along at full speed. Whatever pace your driving, whatever path you’ve taken, hopefully our roads will intersect somewhere along the way.
As we being 2022 I’m curious to know what your traditions are? Do you set goals for yourself? Do you make resolutions? Do you just say, “this year I will…” and let it be so? This year, for the first time I didn’t come up with a word or a resolution. I also didn’t need to set a goal to lose weight or be healthy as I conquered that a few months ago. Instead, I plan to continue my wellness journey so I can maintain the thirty plus pounds that lost, and hope to never see again. I will continue to do my best to add more hours of sleep, move daily, and focus on self care more than just a few times a week.
If you’re one of many looking to live healthier and need a cheerleader, please add me to your team. I know how difficult it is to focus on wellness, and will be there to support you in whatever challenges you set out so you can achieve them however long it takes. Should you find it difficult to set a goal or challenge, there is plenty of time to organize and begin. I hope that whatever road you take we meet along the way through books and things that bring joy to your life.
If reading more is one of your goals or challenges, you’re in luck! I’m bringing back my 52 Week Reading Challenge and plan to post weekly in The Book Baristas facebook group. If you joined us a few years ago, consider taking the challenge again and sharing your book adventures along the way. This year there are no pre-selected weekly books so make your lists and get ready to read all the books! Everything you need is in this post. There are fifty two boxes to check off in whatever order you wish. I plan to post over in my facebook group The Book Baristas what I’m reading this week, so be on the lookout for that.
Check out the table below for a few suggestions to kick start your reading challenge. Let the page turning begin!
A quick re-cap for newbies to make this a successful year and a fun challenge.
1. Download the awesome reading list and graphic.
2. Download the checklist for easy reference and book chat.
3. Grab a mug filled with your favaorite drink, make a plan and get ready to have fun. The best part about this challenge is that you don’t need to spend a dime. Check out your local library database, make a request to your social media friends or perhaps a family member or friend has the books you want. Should you wish to own your weekly reading selections, be sure to add them to a wishlist on your favorite e-retailer website so you don’t miss a sale or new release.
4. Are you a member of The Book Baristas on Facebook? We’d love to have you! It’s the place to be weekly to share and chat about what’ you’re reading each week. Don’t worry you don’t have to pop in every week, visit and share when you have a moment :).
5. Attention Authors and Publishers, if you and/or your book fit a challenge please reach out via e-mail or on social media to contact me.I hope you’ll stop by and see what we’re up to.
All are welcome and I hope you’ll share with your friends about the weekly fun over in my Facebook Group The Book Baristas. I can’t wait to chat about what you’re reading. Please download the graphic #amreading and add your title. ‘ll see you in The Book Baristas this Sunday.
1. What is your must read book and why? The Green Mile by Stephen King. King is a masterful storyteller, but his real strength is his ability to create book ensembles and make you feel you’re part of the community.
2. If I visit your hometown, where am I going and what’s the best place to grab a bite? The Swiss Pastry Shoppe, hands down. Best bratwurst. Best tuna salad. Potato salad I’ve actually eaten as dessert because it’s that good. But they’re known for their black forest cake and their red velvet cake.
3. What is one thing readers would be surprised to know about you? I once held the state speed record in pursuit driving.
4. What is your guilty pleasure? I Love Lucy. I can recite the lines to every show.
5. What are you afraid of? I’m terrified of flying. I fly only first class—because I actually puked on a poor passenger once. I get on the plane and start drinking.
6. Tats or No Tats? If tats, how many and what did you choose for your first one? No tats. I don’t do needles unless necessary.
7. Binge watcher or weekly viewer? Which show(s)? Binge watcher, unless it’s Marvel. Can’t wait with Marvel. But I binge Jack Ryan.
8. If you could pick a book you’ve read and make it into a movie, which book would it be (besides yours 🙂 )? I’d love to see any of Nora’s In Death books made into movies.
9. What is the one thing you can’t live without? Coffee.
10. What’s the one career that gives you the shudders? Lion tamer.
11. If I opened up your handbag/bag/briefcase, what item would I be shocked to see? A beautiful nickel-plated Colt Python. It was my backup weapon, and it was a gift from my dad.
12. What app on your phone/ipad gets the most use? Gmail
A proud Latina, USA Today bestselling, Amazon All-Star author Barbara Devlin was born a storyteller, but it was a weeklong vacation to Bethany Beach, Delaware that forever changed her life. The little house her parents rented had a collection of books by Kathleen Woodiwiss, which exposed Barbara to the world of romance, and Shanna remains a personal favorite.
Barbara writes heartfelt historical romances that feature not so perfect heroes who may know how to seduce a woman but know nothing of marriage. And she prefers feisty but smart heroines who sometimes save the hero before they find their happily ever after.
Barbara is a disabled-in-the-line-of-duty retired police officer. She earned an MA in English and continued a course of study for a Doctorate in Literature and Rhetoric. She happily considered herself an exceedingly eccentric English professor, until success in Indie publishing lured her into writing, full-time, featuring her fictional knighthood, the Brethren of the Coast.
Currently, Barbara lives with her retired firefighter husband in the mountains of North Carolina. Connect with Barbara Devlin at BarbaraDevlin.com, where you can sign up for her newsletter, The Knightly News.